My Beliefs on Teaching
- I believe that teaching is an important, valuable profession and that being a teacher is a very noble calling.
- I do not believe that everyone can be a great teacher.
- I believe that hard work, dedication, thoughtfulness, and caring are crucial to being an excellent teacher.
- I believe schools and classrooms should be a place where everyone feels comfortable and is able to learn to the best of their ability. Schools should be a place for growth, constructive criticism, discussion, group problem solving and interactions, and a community that fosters educational integrity and responsible citizenship.
- I believe that teaching is a discipline that can always be improved upon and takes an enormous amount of self-discipline and self-review.
- I believe that as a teacher you have to be able to say what you did right and what you did wrong. You need to have the ability to actively reflect upon your teaching practices and continue to strive to improve in all areas.
- As a teacher I am committed to my students’ success in school. I want my students to enjoy what they are learning and absorb as much information as they can. I want to be a continuous resource for my students to use and be a source of positive reinforcement. I want to find ways to motivate students to learn and I want to connect with my students in a way that makes them feel important and valued.